Affiliate Disclaimer: This article may contain affiliate links, if you click a link and make a purchase I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
These are the primary five things you need to assess when coming up with the right niche for your site:
Heads up: This article was a newsletter that originally went to my email list, long before it ever shows up on this blog.
You can join 2,636 other folks in getting my newsletter content every week and before you'll find it here! Subscribe today 👇
1. How you’ll build an information based website and to the right audience
2. How you’ll publish the best articles about your niche and consistently over time (1 year+)
3. The potential reach of the overall audience, or the strong-willed activity of a specific audience
4. How you’ll monetize it first (like with ads and affiliate) and then how you’ll monetize it later
5. What your “exit strategy” is. Maybe you want it to be a passive income stream forever, or maybe you’ll want to sell and do something else
Each of these need to be broken down and explored to identify the potential.
Not every niche is created equal, and not every strategy necessarily works in every niche. Planning ahead with confidence is how you’ll stay on the right track.
Getting it right, for the first time, is daunting and can definitely impact your progress for the long term. Many niche site newbies spend several years struggling to even get content to rank.
Well, I’m still growing my first niche site. Currently over 35,000 sessions. And I also built two other small sites on the side and sold them for over $3K.
If you want to quit wasting time and discover your ideal niche, that’s where my upcoming workshop comes in.
This is a complete beginner-friendly live workshop for people who want to start their first niche site and need help getting it right.
Just ten days to go. And only 7 tickets left with $20 off with the link above.